Tuesday, December 2, 2008

a happy week...

first of all, "Twilight" was fantastic! Edward...sigh.
I had a nice, relaxing Thanksgiving. I baked rolls and made sweet potatoes while watching the Macy's parade (in my jammies); Patrick went to the annual football game in Portland with his Dad & brother. Spent some time at my Dad's house then headed over to my mother-in-law's house for dinner. All in all, a nice holiday.
I spent Sunday afternoon at my friend, Catherine's, house with our new "crafty group". We shared tasty food and had a Christmas card swap. I have to tell you, cards are definately NOT my strength. . .I feel much more comfortable working on a big 12x12 scrapbook page. But, we had a lot of fun & planned our upcoming "field trip" (aka shopping trip), future card swap & putting all of our tasty food recipes into a cookbook. Yep, we think BIG :-) I would have a picture of the group here, but I forgot my camera...what kind of scrapbooker am i?!
I am starting a "25 days of December" scrapbook, inspired by Ali Edwards www.aliedwards.typepad.com Taking photos each day to document all of the things we do to celebrate the holidays & such. Hope to actually work on this project as I go...otherwise it will end up in my basket of unfinished projects never to be seen again (yes, it is a big basket!)
Off to work on laundry and sewing Christmas cards....

1 comment:

Catherine said...

So glad you came on Sunday, it was an awesome afternoon. I'm happy to hear that you did some sewing on your cards...can't wait to see them! have a great day Kelley!