Wednesday, September 23, 2009

time for a little catch-up

Yikes! It has been quite awhile since I've posted....here's a random post to get me all caught up.

*I've been chugging away at all of the fall gardening to be done....ripped out the veggie garden (NOT a banner year for us), weeding stone walkways, and pruning shrubs ruthlessly.

*spending a lot of time in my craft room.....finishing up invitation orders, working on new venture for Scrapbooks & Beyond to come next month, and doing some scrap quilting. I love playing in that room.....but , boy, time flies quickly & before you know it the day is done.

*continuing on my cleaning/organizing projects that started this summer with the big clean out & yard sale......Yard Sale brought in $350 for dog rescue & Clean water campaign for Ethiopia. My Mom says its "nesting"...I say its "we have way too much stuff in this house".

*we're embarking on another round of IVF in attempts to have a family. I'm in the "pill" stage now & feel like Frankenstein...seriously, my mind & body are not my own. Can't wait to stop them on the 27th & start injections...I can't believe I actually said that.

* we have also (finally!!) turned in ALL of our paperwork for adoption homestudy. For those of you who may not know, we have also decided to adopt a child....something we've planned on since we met. A lot of research ensued, as we aren't good candidates for Domestic adoption due to my husband's spinal cord injury. That led us to International adoption.....and Ethiopia. The more I read about & meet families who have adopted or traveled to Ethiopia, the more steadfast and excited I become. We've been given a rough timeline of finalizing in courts roughly 1 year after our homestudy is complete.

*Patrick has been fishing like a mad man.....he can see the end of tuna season coming (mid-Oct) and is furiously taking advantage of every nice day there is out on the water.

No comments: